The Landscape for Play
The 'Landscape For Play' will be a diverse mixture of play equipment integrated with an invigorating and stimulating landscape that provides a play space on it's own terms.
Programme aims and objectives
- To creatively involve children and young people in the design of new green areas and parks
- To employ innovative approaches to create a natural landscape that will inform the playscape as much as the equipment itself
- For the design to genuinley reflect the needs and wishes of children, young people and the wider community
- Provide challenging and rewarding play opportunities, integrating play equipment into a wider 'Landscape for Play'
- Balance risk and benefit
The play area should provide the following elements of play
- Creative Play
- Physical games and informal sport
- Exploring nature and the elements
- Social interaction or hanging out
- Locomotor play: balancing, swinging, sliding, climbing, hiding, challenging